I usually avoid speaking about politics because it seems to bring out the worst in people. As someone who used to vote mostly Republican, I find this clip from the Newsroom nails exactly how I feel about the rise of the Tea Party and the caving of the Republican Party to such an incoherent and anarchist movement within their ranks.
If only this had been John McCain, John Boehner, or even Newt Gingrich speaking these words, I might actually be inclined to consider voting for Republicans. Until they deal with the Tea Party and it’s insanity, I will continue to vote against any Republican that fails to distinguish themselves from the Tea Party.
- [quote] Is the Republican Party Dying? (slendermeans.wordpress.com)
- Australian Official Slams GOP ‘Crazies’ (drudge.com)
- Is the GOP finished as a national party? Conservative wants to know (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- But maybe the Tea Party IS full of cranks and crazies (thepunch.com.au)
- Mario Piperni and the Lost Party (seniorsforademocraticsociety.wordpress.com)